As I sit in my living room listening to a beautiful Christmas CD and see our tree lit with presents under it I feel cozy. I love where I live. I love my life. I love where my choices have brought me. I am so grateful for the guidance of family. I am more grateful for the guidance of my Father in Heaven– so many roads I never would have taken had I not been prompted too.
In lieu of a Christmas letter mailed to all of our loved ones, I would like to send you our greetings and wishes for a Happy New Year and the Merriest of Christmases on the blog. Here are a few highlights.
– David proposed after me pestering him forever.
– After a lot of hard work and a lot of boot polishing David graduated from the academy and is now a Corrections Officer.
– My mom gets married, and then so do I.
– I start two new jobs. “Thank you for calling ProDo this is Arin.” and “How often are you wearing your elastics?” are being said by me frequently. David says “Go to your cell!”Practice for parenthood right??
– My car gets a 2 x 4 to the windshield and David’s gets a couch. All on the Freeway. We fix my baby, sell his wrecked car, and Ilene enters the picture.
– We decided that Ollie was lonely and needed a sister. A devil sister. Meet Freya.
This link is to a video where Ollie officially meets his sister…and isn’t sure what to do with her. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6b3z0k6j43ix53x/2014-08-17%2006.52.10.mov?dl=0
– David decides that being a medical mystery should extend to Sundays as well.
– Life goes on. David and I learn that the Lord is always aware of our needs, wants, and lessons we need to learn.
May this Christmas be a time of reflection. May you remember the sacrifice that was made by Our Savior. I am so grateful that through Him I will be able to be sealed to my favorite person. 2014 was wonderful, but 2015 is going to mark the start of eternity, and I can’t wait.
Merry Christmas from the Haslam Family!